Hotel @ MIT
20 Sidney Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
This is a really nice stylish hotel with a modern hi-tech decor. The staff are really helpful, efficient, and welcoming. It creates an MIT theme very effectively. The bedcovers have physics formulas on them.
The Hotel @ MIT is a Doubletree so you get Hilton points and miles if you stay here.
- Clever decor and use of the MIT theme
- Really comfortable beds
- Good bar and restaurant (See review of the Sidney Grille)
- Internet connectivity (Ethernet and wireless) for free
- Ability to send print jobs from the room to a printer at the front desk (free)
- Nice pen! (How many hotels provide nice pens?)
- Attractive stationery in the room -- MIT-themed cards with transparent envelopes.
- Excellent work space in the room
- Good public lounge
- Good bath robes (dressing gowns)
- Nice rosemary/mint Aveda shampoo and conditioner
- Self-service business center with free facilities (photocopier, fax, computers, etc.)
- The bedcovers -- you can solve formulas as you go to sleep!
- Some "old fashioned" stuff that was inconsistent with the "hip," modern theme. (A clunky analog thermostat, old bath fixtures, old fashioned television.
- No body wash -- a hotel of this class should offer liquid soap as well as the solid kind.
- No mouthwash -- ditto!
- No on-site pool (but you can use the MIT sports facilities for a fee.)
Stay here if you ever get the chance. It is a really special place.
$204 plus $11.63 State Tax, $8.16 city tax, and $5.61 city tax. A lot of taxes!