Friday, March 03, 2006

Airways Inn Of Frederick, Maryland

Airways Inn Of Frederick
310 Aviation Way
Frederick, Maryland 21701
Phone: (301) 228-2100
.
Breakfast: 7:00am - 11:00 M-F, Sat & Sun to 12:30
Lunch & Dinner: From 11 until closing

I have been to this restaurant many times, but always for breakfast, and I always choose the same thing, Eggs Chesapeake ($8.95). Eggs Chesapeake is like Eggs Benedict except there is a crab cake between the poached egg and the Canadian Bacon, and, at the Airways Inn, it comes with home fries and steamed asparagus. The service is very friendly, and efficient. Although I go there only every three months or so, the server remembers me, offers me my usual table, and asks me if I will have "the usual."

The restaurant is under the control tower at Frederick Airport, and the view is a delight to anyone who enjoys aviation and watching planes. Good, freshly cooked food, in an interesting setting. Airways Inn is one of my favorite breakfast restaurants

No comments: