Thursday, January 26, 2006

I couldn't resist it!

I apologize and I know this is very tacky, but I couldn't resist making an entry from Seat 10F of a Lufthansa Boeing 747 en route from Washington to Frankfurt. I will provide a full account of the flight in a later post, but writing a blog entry from the air is a first for me. And I could not resist it.

By the way, the Champagne is Duval Leroy Brut, and it is delicious. And no plastic in Lufthansa's Business class!

On a more serious note, I find that the ability to be connected in flight is wonderful. The price was about $30 for the whole flight and $10 for a portion (I can't remember how long) with Connexion by Boeing as the ISP. I got it for free because I was given a bundle of 30-minute access cards when I was flying in Lufthansa's first class from Munich to Washington in December.

The other thing that makes working in the air possible is that there was power provided to every seat. (I don't know whether they get this economy.) This is especially valuable to me as I think the battery on my laptop is next to useless.

The nice thing is that you don't need special adapters as the plug is universal although it seemed to work more reliably when I put my American flat pronged plug into an adapter with round prongs. I was also carrying my headphones and speaker so that I could make IP calls from the seat.

What a nerd!

No comments: