Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mount Washington Pizza, Indian Cuisine

Mount Washington Pizza
1620 Kelly Avenue
Mount Washington
Baltimore, 21209

410 664 1111

For a Google map, click here.


If you asked me where you could get a good Indian meal to take away in Baltimore and I sent you to Mount Washington Pizza, you might think that I had not heard the question.

But the truth is that you can get very good Indian food from this busy pizza shop. They have good vegetable samosas ($2.25), but I find the meat ones ($2.95) a little bit dry.

The Shrimp Masala ($12.45) is very good indeed. Other dishes that I have enjoyed include Lamb Shahi Korma ($11.45), Lamb Vindaloo ($11.45), Chicken Korma ($10.95). The portions are enormous and rice is included. You can also get papadams ($1.00), Raita ($1.95), and Vegetable Pakora ($2.25).

You can sit down and eat, but this restaurant is not big on atmosphere. I usually call my orders in and pick it up.

They also seem to have a thriving business in pizzas, subs, and hamburgers, but the Indian food is so good that I always ignore that part of the menu.

Recommended.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voting has started for washingtonpost.com’s 5th Annual Reader’s Choice Best Bets awards to recognize your favorite Washington-area spots. After collecting and counting nominations, the top ten places in each category have been compiled and are ready for voting. I thought you might be interested in voting for the best bars or restaurants.

To vote for Best Bets go to www.washingtonpost.com/bestbets and click on any of the categories listed to see the top ten finalists. Then cast your vote by choosing your favorite choice in each category. Voting will continue through July 28 and results will be made available August 14.

Anonymous said...

The prices don't sound to bad either. I'll have to give it a try.

ashley

Anonymous said...

Try the shrimp jafreji, it rocks! I'm addicted!

Anonymous said...

I have been eating here for many years now and I have to say the Indian food is unbelievably delicious. My favorite is the chicken tika masala with an order of the naan flat bread. The portions are huge and my family and I order it once a month and one portion is enough for 4 of us. I highly recommend Mt.Washington Pizza and Subs.