Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sushi Sono, Columbia, Maryland

Sushi Sono
10215 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044-3408
(410) 997-6131

For a Google map, click here.

Sushi Sono has one of the highest Zagat ratings for food in the Baltimore area. It also is in a nice setting down by the lake in Columbia, Maryland.

We went there for lunch. The menu is a relatively predictable lunch menu for a Japanese restaurant in North America. We started with very good miso soup with the tofu cut into tiny pieces. Then we all had bento boxes for the main course. I had California rolls, tempura shrimps and vegetables, and rice. The food was freshly cooked, and the service was friendly. My guests had similae boxes with triyaki chicken. All the lunch dishes were between $9.00 and $12.00.

This is a nice place for lunch, but there was nothing extraordinary about it. Perhaps I should return in the evening to give them the opportunity to really show off their cooking. Also, I am sure that tasting this restaurant's sushi would also provide that opportunity. In that respect, this is a somewhat incomplete report.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you are so incredibly ridiculous. It might be just me, but I've always thought that you should judge a sushi place based on its FISH, which apparently you didn't have any of. California rolls? Shrimp? Rice? What the hell kind of review is that? Nothing special? EASILY the best sushi, if not food in all of Maryland.

Moyey said...

Did you read the review? I admitted my review was incomplete and based only on a limited lunch.

With your anger, you make yourself ridiculous. How difficult would it have been to document your own experience?

Moyey

Anonymous said...

I didn't hear any anger in "anonymous"'s comments. However, Sushi Sono has to be the best sushi restaurant I've ever dined. I've eaten sushi in nearly every sushi house in Baltimore, DC and now San Diego. Sushi Sono really stands out. The food is Awesome. The fish is fresh! Try challenging the Sushi Chef with some really hard sushi dishes not on the menu. He always hits home runs.

John.